Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The absolute worst!

Last Sunday, I posted my five-worst-films-of-2008 list in the On Movies column: Australia, The Love Guru, My Blueberry Nights, The Other Boleyn Girl and The Strangers.

Several readers jogged my memory, though. (It's easy, and perhaps necessary, to block these painful experiences out!) So, I'm amending the list with a couple more:

The Happening, M. Night Shyamalan's stupefying "thriller" about an eco-disaster that befalls Philadelphia couple Mark Wahlberg and Zooey Deschanel and a whole mess of the rest of the planet...



... And 88 Minutes, the serial killer dud with an over-the-top Al Pacino gassing on for way longer than the title promised.

6 Comments:

Blogger MsCarlee said...

Have you been able to check out the new Notorious B.I.G. Film? I hear it's supposed to be better than all the others (8 Mile/TuPac/etc.).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0ej7sF5ye8

2:26 PM  
Blogger MsCarlee said...

PS. I totally agree about Australia!

2:29 PM  
Blogger Steven Rea said...

Haven't seen "Notorious" yet, but the buzz has been good.

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guru was horrific excepting the cotton candy beard + eyebrows scene.

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gotta say, 10,000 B.C. has to be the worst movie of 2008. If not the worst it had to of had the worst ratio of money spent on a movie to product produced by the money spent.

-Andy

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, I was a little impatient there.

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home